Visual Arts Coordinator
Role of the Post
The Fiji Arts Council (an organization entrusted to look after the different art forms in Fiji) is seeking for a dedicated and well qualified and experience person to fill a vacancy for the position of Visual Arts Coordinator (VAC). The purpose of this job is to develop and coordinates the visual arts program and related educational activities and services to support the development of the local arts community and to promote increased public appreciation for the arts. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing, implementing and evaluating arts programs, exhibits and activities, preparing budget proposals and securing funds, preparing long- and short-term goals, managing public arts collections, directing art competitions, scheduling and supervising instructional courses, performing promotional tasks, and performing additional tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the Arts Knowledge of visual arts administration and financial practices, policies and procedures as necessary in the completion of daily responsibilities.
- Knowledge with the development and administration of operations and staff plans and objectives for the expedience and effectiveness of specific duties of the position.
- Knowledge of practices of visual arts and arts management program development and management.
- Knowledge of principles and theories of education for various age groups, grant writing and administration practices, community volunteer, funding and development resources, and art gallery management and maintenance standards and practices.
- Ability to deal with public/private organizations and institutions, in a productive manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with subordinates, management, employees, members of the general public and all other groups involved in the activities of various arts programs.
- Ability to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise clear and effective manner.
- Ability to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear and effective manner.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
– Possesses bachelor’s degree in arts management, museum science, art history and other related field.
– At least three years of experience in administration that includes preparation of budget and program management.
– At least two years of technical experience in accredited or reputable arts agency or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application together with detailed latest CV and references should be addressed or emailed to
Fiji Arts Council
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close at COB on 26th April 2019.